Thursday, January 1, 2009

end of 2008 reflection survey

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Lots of things--drove across country, pet a bob cat, returned to las vegas with friends, and more.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't have any that I can remember. I usually don't make resolutions because I don't see the point in waiting for a new year to do something, why not just do it right away?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My half-brother (Trevor) and his wife (Laura) had a baby girl (Olivia).

4. What countries did you visit? None.

5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I would love to get my dogs (Alaskan Malamute, Pit Bull, and Pointer), but Kevin said I can only have 2 at a time. Additionally, I would like 2 more cats, a house, to kick off my saltwater aquarium, and find a job that I love (which I only lacked in the last half of 2008).

6. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory? November 4th was pretty epic.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating from college and executing my move away from the cold.

8. What was your biggest failure? I don't know that I failed too badly, at least not enough that I can recall a fail.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, I don't even think I had any cavities!

10. What was the best thing you bought? I got a really nice pair of Eagle Optics Ranger SRT binoculars which were probably my biggest splurge--worth every penny though.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration? I'm not sure! Probably, Kevin since I spend the most time with him.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My old boss, the sea witch. Not a very nice person at all.

13. Where did most of your money go? Tuition, student loans, moving expenses, and rent.

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I was excited about my trip to Las Vegas, Seattle, and Portland, but mostly I get excited about a lot of little things like the cute porcupine and owlie decorations I got at Target for 3 dollars!

15. What song/album will always remind you of 2008? Oh, that's so difficult! Josh Ritter something or other because I got into him this year or Barracuda because Kevin demanded that be his ring tone on my new phone.

16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Sadder, but not much. I just wish I had a job, allowing me to enjoy Seattle more.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter, but again, not by much. 5 pounds, but I lost it before Christmas but probably have since gained it back.
iii. Richer or poorer? Pooerer, most definitely!

17. What do you wish you'd done more of? Enjoyed Madison, went out more with those people. Worked more, the money would be nice now and I miss the work I did there.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of? Arguing with people.

19. How will you be spending Christmas? Belated--went back to Minnesota and spent it with both sides of my family.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008? No.

21. How many one night stands in this last year? Haha, none.

22. What was your favorite TV program? This is always so hard, but I'll go with House MD.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, I don't hate many people... especially ones I've known for more than a year.

24. What was the best book you read? I really liked: Dwellings by Linda Hogan, Pigeons by Andrew Blechman, and Voyage of the Turtle by Carl Safina. Pretty much any books about the environment and nature that are written with a little bit of heart.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I didn't really discover these, but Josh Ritter, Stuart Davis, and Aqualung are new to my music folder.

26. What did you want and get? New friends, a great wildlife season, a summer job with the Department of Agriculture monitoring the populations of endangered species.

27. What did you want and not get? Paid wildlife rehab position and a dog.

28. What was your favourite film of this year? Iron Man was just really well done. And finally, Robert Downey Jr. makes his comeback--I've been waiting!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 21! I flew to Las Vegas for leg three of our two-week summer trip, and spent the night with my friends Amanda and Laura who came down from MN to celebrate. It was a fantastic time!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Moving to Seattle and getting jobs immediately!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I don't have a fashion concept. I pretty much wear whatever is comfotable, cheap, and I like.

33. What kept you sane? Friends, being busy, and being able to take a minute to relax.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most? Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, Ed Shultz and Obama.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Reading the responses McCain and Obama had to the questions National Wildlife Federation asked of them really made me disheartened.

36. Who did you miss? I miss spending time with my Madison and Mankato friends.

37. Who was the best new person you met? Oh... I can't pick!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: You have to make things happen for yourself rather than waiting for someone to give you the opportunity. Also, learn as much as you can.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: I don't know! "Let the rain fall, I don't care."

In 2008 did you:
1. Go to a party?
Of Course.
2. Try something new? Yes.
3. Have someone change your life? Yes.
4. Tell your family and friends you love them? Yes.
5. Buy something extravagant? Nothing too nice.
6. Do something nice for you? Of Course.
7. Do something terribly wrong? No.
8. Move? Yes.
9. Go to a concert? Yes.

Best of the Year:
1. Party: The wildlife center end of th
2. Show: House MD
3. CD: I don't really buy CDs so I have no clue.
4. Movie: Iron Man
5. Song: "Temptation of Adam" by Josh Ritter
6. Experience: Petting a Bobcat :)
7. Concert: Josh Ritter? I don't even know if that was this year or not.
8. Book: Didn't I alredy answer a lot of these?
9. Month: July or August!
10. Day: I'm not sure.

Hopes for 2009:
1. Predict something that you think will happen in 2009?
Someone will come to Seattle to visit!
2. What do you hope changes about your country? People will become more concerned about the harm we cause to our planet and ourselves.
3. What do you hope for yourself? I get a job!
4. What do you hope for your family? Everyone gets what they deserve and desire.
5. What do you hope for your best friends? They keep on living great lives.
6. What do you hope for the rest of your friends? Same as above.
7. Do you think any amazing medical advances will be made? Probably, they happen every year!
8. What is your hope for 2009? It is better than 2008.

During 2008:
Where were you when it began:
I think I was in Brainerd at a cabin with friends.
Did you stay up: Yes.
What was your new year wish? Didn't have one.
How many boyfriends: One.
Broke up: No.
Have any crushes?: No.
Care to mention names? No need.
New friends: Plenty.
Win anything? Something in Vegas but I gambled it back into the system.
Best place you went to: Las Vegas
Worst place you went to: Portland, OR.
Happiest moment: No idea.
How was your birthday: Everything I hoped for!
Party? Not much. I've fallen away from that.

No comments: