Sunday, February 1, 2009

10 things i wish for but cannot have

Just a fun list of things I want, but cannot have for one reason or another. This will preserve them for when I can have them!


1. Dyson Animal Ball - We have so much pet hair and kitty litter in our apartment that I would LOVE a better vacuum. The price tag ($550) on this baby is a bit steep for me right now. We are also working on getting the kitty litter under control by toilet training our cats... only on day two so I don't know if it will be a success just yet.



2. Bread Machine - Seems like Kevin eats A LOT of bread. I'm not that big into store bought bread because I prefer it to be fresh. Need a bread machine though because it is too time consuming for me to do by hand. I did one focaccia loaf a long time ago and decided it was too much work. I'd also love to make sprout breads and whole grain that isn't dry.




3. Comfy Shoes
- I pretty much have two pairs of shoes that I can wear with any sort of frequency. One of them is not very warm, and my feet end up numb. These looked comfy, warm, and more importantly they aren't made of leather.




4. Solargon - A nice eco-friendly yurt. I think the climate of the Northwest would be good for a yurt. They have a 30' (685 sq. feet) or 20' (300 sq. feet)... I'd probably get two and hook them together and put a loft up in one. Only $24,000 for the materials for 1 - 20'er.



5. Earth Box - I'm trying to go for more of an urban homestead existence (as much as you can without a yard and very little sunlight). I'd like to get a couple of these for my vegetables since 70% of the food I buy is produce. In the distant future, I'd like to get some goats for milk and cheese and chickens for eggs, but probably won't happen given some limitations.



6. Terresentials Shampoo - I'd like to go no poo, but my hair is so thin and short that it doesn't work very well for me. Plus, I like the smell of shampoo since I can't/won't use candles or airfresheners because of the birds and because they are made out of cancerous aromatic rings! This shampoo is made out of rocks and minerals that pretty much replicates the saponification process. They hit you with a 7.95 handling charge though, so I'd like to buy more than one when I finally do.


7. Dogs - I want one ASAP, which means August at the earliest. Kevin likes little yappy dogs, I like big dogs, but ultimately, I don't think he cares. The following breeds are ones I'd like to have before I die (most don't get along with each other, so it may take awhile!): Pit Bull, Pointer, Alaskan Malamute, Great Pyrenees, Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky, Akita, Shiba Inu, Austrailian Shepard, Newfoundland, Great Dane...

2 comments:

The Fab Miss B said...

I want a dyson too. So bad.

Kate Katzban-Beren said...

I totally have a bread machine I don't use, since I don't really like homemade bread.

You should have said something when you were in Madison.