Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CEREAL REVIEW: Jumbo Multi-Grain Krispies with a Touch of Honey


Jumbo Multi-Grain Krispies with a Touch of Honey. Wow, it sounds like a lot, try saying it... Jumbo Multi-Grain Krispies with a Touch of Honey. It doesn't really roll off the tongue. Luckily the latest cereal from Kellogg's rolls down the throat much better.

Basically take a normal Rice Krispie, embiggen it and add a dash of honey and you have the Jumbo Krispies. The same taste is there, and the honey makes you not have to add any extra sugar.

One of the most telling signs the cereal is damn good--after I had a bowl of Jumbo Krispies, I reused the milk for a bowl of normal Krispies, and they were a letdown. Kellogg's actually improved on one of their flagship products with the addition of girth!

Jumbo Rice Krispies truly can stand up to its cousins in Cocoa Krispies, Rice Krispie Treats Cereal and Rice Krispies with Strawberries--in that it's a slight update, slight change on a great formula.

There are really only two problems with the cereal. There's the aforementioned name problem (I was gonna try and call them JRKs, but then people might think I was making a lame joke), and then there's also the fact that it's not very crispy (errr, krispie). This actually isn't a problem for me, because I'm one of the 5 people in America who likes mushy cereal. However, legions of fans hate the mush, and they just might take it out on this cereal. Their loss.

This minor setback knocks it down to four out of five cereal pieces. Basically, if it stays on the shelves, I'll keep buying it--I'm already on my second box.

I salivate at the thought of making Rice Krispie Treats with these...

No comments: