Monday, October 6, 2008

job search update

Hello again,

I still have no pictures or information about our apartment because it is still in shambles. That's my next mission after I take my car to get an emissions test today -- apparently the air quality is so poor in the urban areas of King Co., you must have your car tested if it over five years old before you can register it.

Really, that was beside the point...

If any of you don't know, I applied for a wildlife rehabilitation position at PAWS Wildlife Center in Lynnwood, WA (about 10 miles north of Shoreline--where Kevin and I live). I had my first "over-the-phone" interview Thursday, September 25th. It went okay I thought--I could have answered some things better, but I also could have done worse. Overall, I was pleased with it.

I just heard back today that they want me to do my second "in-person" interview and working interview next Wednesday, October 15th from 10am to 3 or 4pm. Basically, I will be shadowing the rehabbers and making sure I'm a good match with them. Also, there will be a sit down interview component -- which stinks because I suck at those! Hopefully, I will know if I get the job by the following week. I'll write more after next Wednesday.

In other possibilities, I found a graphic design/web-content/photography/writer position that might suit me well. It is for Pasado's Safe Haven in Monroe/Sultan area -- about 1 hr northeast of Shoreline. I could work from home most of the time and just visit the sanctuary maybe once a week. If I don't want it and Kevin doesn't get his Buddy TV or 206 position, he might apply for it.

More news to come... probably today if our internet gets working!

--R.

2 comments:

Midask9 said...

R & K - good luck with the job search!!! Sounds like a couple of really super things coming your way - Pasedo's would be awesome as would PAWS. Please keep blogging, I am without an ocean in Madison and would like to enjoy it vicariously if you don't mind.

Take care, glad the critters made the trip!

PS-your dishes are doing well, we have slowly introduced them into the household and have had no issues, aside from some grumbling from the old dishes ;)

Terri

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news about the working interview! Can't wait to hear how it goes, and what PAWS is like. Looks absolutely beautiful out there. Best,

Kristen