Wednesday, October 15, 2008

PAWS interview

Hello all,

I had my working interview at PAWS Wildlife Center in Lynnwood, WA today. I think it went ok, their center is so much more advanced than Four Lakes, but I think I could learn it pretty quickly. They didn't really have many patients at the time, so it was pretty mellow.

First, I just walked around with the rehabbers and watched them do what they do. Sat in on the rounds meeting with the vet and assistant. Highlights of the day are:

1. Bobcat - I got to touch and feed a young bobcat. Pretty sweet. She was cute, but sick :(
2. Harbor Seal - I got to see it. Pretty stubborn apparently and won't eat so it may be transferred.
3. Bears - I got to see them. They were only on a camera though.
4. Deer - I fed them. Odd since we can't do those in Wisconsin.

Then, I was sent off to talk to all of the people who work there for a couple minutes at a time. I think this was probably the part of the day that went the best. This is suprising considering I am not very social.

She said they would get back to me but it may take ahwile. I have no idea how many people I am up against, but I hope I get it. It would be pretty amazing. I do know I am facing someone who has 5 years experience and a vet tech for sure... which intimidates me a bit.

I don't really have much else to say about it. Keep your fingers crossed.

--R.

2 comments:

Larry said...

That sounds interesting to me.-I'm always interested to get an up close look at wild animals.

Anonymous said...

All you have to do is find your opponents' names and addresses and I can handle the rest. ;-)